Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Indy

Last weekend, I took a quick trip up to Indianapolis, IN for a visit. My cousin, Hailey, one of my very best friends, has made Indy her home for almost a year. It was high time I went to check it out!
I got in Friday around 11 so Hailey took a half day to show me around. We grabbed burgers with a crew of her work friends and then headed down to the beautiful canal. People from Indy (Indians? Ha!)  love to go down the canal to walk, run, kayak, paddle boat, or sit and people watch. I can certainly see why.

Indy, like Birmingham, is making a major push toward downtown and Hailey conveniently lives right in the center of it all. We were steps away from the canal. After a day of visiting friends, shopping, and becoming familiar with the city, Hailey and I got ready for dinner at Mesh and drinks at Libertine. They were both amazing. But mostly, it was just fun to catch up with this girl after too much time apart!



The next day Hailey and I did some sightseeing in downtown. We lucked out with great weather so it was fun to walk around the circle and see the capitol. 


Later on we went out to the IMA and took in the culture and art. The building entrance has this incredible colored windows that are an art piece themselves. The IMA has done an excellent job acquiring pieces you recognize (Van Gogh, Matisse, Renoir) as well as local Indy artists. 


That night Hailey and I went to Harry and Izzy's for dinner. The rumors are true! It is delicious and the shrimp cocktail will leave you on fire in the best way. After dinner we met up with some of Hailey's friends to check out the bar scene. 


The next day was my last so we were pretty low key. We went to brunch at Patachou, which is in the bottom of Hailey's work building, Simon. That gave us the perfect opportunity to check out Hailey's office as well as the incredible views from the building. This is Lucas Oil Stadium where the Colts were about to have their first preseason game as seen from the terrace at Simon. 


All in all I had a great trip to Indy and can't wait to visit again soon! Thanks, Hailey, for showing me around. I loved getting to see you most of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment