Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend

This Easter was so much fun because I got to celebrate with so many people that I love. We swapped Easter baskets at out house on Friday because we went to Haleyville for the weekend and because I wanted Jackson to get to wear some of his basket contents for Easter. Naturally we got Rosie a basket!
Rosie was so excited about her basket but mostly because of the bone. She also got some chew toys (Nylabones) and a flamingo.

She took the bone right outside and wouldn't move away from it for a good 2 hours.

Rosie also had her own decorated eggs.

She loved them and really wanted to eat them!!

Jackson was so sweet to get me a few things to put in a basket. The cheese straws from Edgars are by far my favorite item! Although, the Pez dispenser runs a close second.

Jackson received assorted candy as well. He also got some minis and a green tie. We have been looking for a pretty green tie for him since St. Patrick's day.


Saturday night I went to Ashley's wedding. It was beautiful and so much fun to hang out with these girls! It's nice to have friends that pick up right where they left off no matter how long it's been.

It's always good to have an excuse to dance with this guy too!

On Easter Sunday we went to church in Haleyville and then came home to Easter lunch. Luckily, the rain held off for an easter egg hunt that afternoon. Hannah and my cousin's baby, Mable, had a blast hunting and re hunting for eggs in the front yard. Hannah picks up each one and shakes it to see if it has jelly beans or not! After the egg hunt they got real eggs out of the hen house and played with baby chicks. Mable LOVED them. She was an expert at catching the surprisingly speedy little guys. It was so cute! 

I loved getting to spend some time with my cousin Kari and her family. We used to have Easter egg hunts together every year so it was nice to be able to relive that a little bit.

Hannah and Sally in their pink Easter dresses!

We told Hannah to help out Sally so she pat on her. It was really sweet. I'm excited to watch them grow up to be close sisters. Sally is already obsessed with Hannah. Hannah can make her laugh like nobody else. It is just so amazing to watch.

When people talk about "proud grandparents" they are talking about my parents for sure. Those girls make them so happy! I love it. It makes me excited for when we have children because they are so great with Hannah and Sally.

Jackson and I got a picture in our Easter outfits. 


While we don't get Easter baskets from the Easter bunny anymore, mom did pick us up crosses and prayer journals. I love this cross and hung it in the window as soon as I got home. What a beautiful reminder of our Savior. I've kept prayer journals off and on and have always been so amazed. It is incredible to be able to see your prayers answered. I have already started using my new one and am loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment