Monday, October 8, 2012

Tai Ties the Knot


This weekend was once again spent attending a wedding. This time, it was one of my best friends from growing up, Tai Butler. Tai married a guy named James from Phil Campbell.



Weather caused the reception to be moved to our church fellowship hall, but it turned out great. Here they are during their first dance.

Some of my favorite memories with Tai growing up are of playing dress up. When we were young we dressed up in our mothers' old clothes and halloween costumes whenever we got together. Elementary school brought years of dressing up in matching short overalls (outfits we now regret) for picture days. Then in high school, Tai and I were constantly at the beauty shop "playing dress up" to get ready for pageants and proms. I had the best time at her wedding watching her dress in the prettiest dress I've ever seen her put on, her wedding dress. I played my role as a bridesmaid and stood by my friend's side to watch her vow to love James forever. I can, without a doubt, say it was one of our most fun days of playing dress up yet and Tai surely looked the part of bride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment