Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Projects

This weekend was a rare treat. Not only did we not have to travel, but also Jackson didn't have to work Saturday morning. We celebrated by playing with Rosie, attending church at IPC, and doing some projects around the house. It was so nice just to have some time to get things done together.

Last weekend Jackson bought a new lawn mower with a bagger to do work on our mounds of leaves. However, the day he planned to work in the yard it rained. So this weekend we finally got to see how it runs. It definitely beats all that raking we did last year!!

Meanwhile, I got to work on a couple of projects I've had in mind. We had yet to put up any of our wedding pictures so I got a set of white frames from Pottery Barn and went to work. Our hallway is now full of pictures of us on the happiest day!


We also have been needing some hooks for coats, keys, etc. by the door so I picked up a kit at Target and topped it with our wedding gift from Seaside, a picture of the Seaside Post Office.


Finally I'm most excited about the fire pit I bought for our back porch. Home Depot had it for $39.99!! I couldn't believe it. I also was amazed at how easy it was to assemble. I did it myself and that is saying a lot. I can't wait to fire it up!!


It has since been relocated to our porch. If anyone wants to come have some wine by the fire, be my guest!

No comments:

Post a Comment