Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Updates

So, I've been a little behind on my blogging lately. Sometimes life just gets a little hectic and some things have to take a back seat. To make up for lost time, this post might be a little longer.


I didn't realize until this year just how many parties there are surrounding Halloween. It is rivaling Christmas. Jackson and I attended a party for my law school and another at my brother's beautiful home. Neither of us are big on dressing up and being uncomfortable all night so we try to find ways to be as cheap and comfortable as possible. We went as Penny and Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. I dressed in a makeshift cheesecake factory waitress outfit and he wore his Bazinga shirt. Easiest costumes ever so I'm pretty proud. However, Rosie, Hannah, and Sally stole the show this Halloween. They were a bumblebee, an owl, and a pumpkin.






Somehow in the year and 1/2 that Hannah has been alive I forgot how much babies sleep. Sally loves some shut eye.

In other news I took the MPRE on November 3rd. It was just as much fun as any standardized test. To forget all about it and enjoy the rest of the Saturday, Jackson and I went to my college roommate Rachel Wilson's wedding. It was such a joyous ceremony and very Rachel. I'm so happy for the beautiful couple!!


This past Friday, Rosie went to visit Dr. Katie to get spayed. Jackson and I had a hard time being without her at the house for a night but she took the surgery like a champ. She doesn't seem to know that anything happened to her. Keeping her calm is the most difficult part for sure! Rosie only knows play mode. However, the first day she did get some extra sleep. I took full advantage of the extra cuddle time. 


The election for Jim Hughey went really well. He held a 9 percent margin the entire time. Of course he accepted his position with class and grace. I'm so impressed with his character and I think that anyone who came in contact with him felt the same way. Thanks to all of you who voted for him!!

Finally, the magazine that our wedding is in is out in stores. Pick up a copy of Gulf Coast Bride or look at it here http://gcbride.printrelay.com/fall2012/#/26 to see memories of my favorite day to date. I can't believe it is immortalized in print :)


No comments:

Post a Comment