Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hey, Hai!

After years of fighting like sisters over things like opening each other's birthday present, Easter egg hunts, Auburn/Alabama football, and too many other things to count, I've come to discover that my cousin, Hailey, is not only one of my best friends, but one of my biggest supporters. Today, 26 years after she came into the world I'd like to say just how grateful I am that she did.

We've learned a lot growing up, and so much of that came from what we taught each other. We've learned that in terms of Auburn and Alabama a truce is the best way to go because we are never going to agree. We've learned that in all other competitions, we work pretty well when we're on the same team (because we actually are both always right). We've learned that we share a love of travel, politics, shopping and delicious food (although this one took some time to discover since Hailey had a long standing "I don't eat anything green" rule). We've learned that if there isn't anybody else that would ever understand, we can always call on each other. And I'm thankful that we always have.

Happy Birthday, Hailey! Missing you even more on your birthday. Love you and can't wait to see you soon!!














No comments:

Post a Comment