Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beach with my Mama

As many of you know, I graduate from law school tomorrow. While I'm glad to be done with classes, classes to prep for the bar start on Monday, so a break is put off until the beginning of August. However, I finished exams on Friday, so I had a few days before actual graduation to do fun stuff and take my mind off school. 
Saturday my sweet niece, Hannah, turned 2. We went to Scott and Rebecca's house for a paint party and Hannah had so much fun. Sunday was Mother's Day and we met up for breakfast with my parents. Mom was excited to see all three of her kids on Mother's day. I also spent some time playing with my baby for my first (mother of a puppy) mother's day. I don't care what people say, it counts! 
After lunch, Mom and I headed to the beach for a few days for our first trip with just us in forever. We had the best time and got so lucky with the weather and the water. I've never seen the water so clear.

Mom chilling under an umbrella

Perfection

Yep, this is the ocean water. Clear as a bell.

Sunning

The shark that you can sort of see in front of this guy caused quite the commotion. Everybody had to get out of the water and they tried to run him off with the paddle boards. The guy that puts out our beach chairs said he was probably 6 feet long. 

Ready to walk on the beach

Back home Rosie was sitting in her brand new pool. 

Beauty

This was our view from lunch the last day. Every time I look at the water I think of my bridesmaid dresses. I love all the blue shades. 

While we were there we tried out the new restaurant Boshamps. It was really good! The name comes from the family's pets' names combined with the owner's initials. If you go, get the original snapper destin. It's delicious!
We also ate at our old favorites, Dewey Destin's (good Auburn folks), Cuvee Bistro, and Basmati's. You just can't beat food at the beach!
The best part of the trip was getting to hang out with my mom. Although I see her a lot, it's different now that I'm married and we are always with a big group of family. 

Check back soon for graduation posts! I can't wait to celebrate being DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment